Today, marked day 11 of 180. We made if through our first full week of school and it could not have been more fun! Here are some highlights. Be sure to ask your child about any and all of the following topics:
- Math: arrays, number talks, Splat! Jar of Whoppers (3-Act Math Task)
- Science: What is a scientist? What is an engineer? Design challenge
- Reading: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White How does the author use the element of description to help us picture the story?
- Writing: Pen pal letters to our Mendon Senior pen pals, Autobiographical poem
- Chorus with our new music teacher, Mrs. Walsh
- Character J Rocks Concert
- Book-A-Day: We have read one picture book a day to simply enjoy the gift of quality literature and value the time spent listening to a story together.