I am looking forward to Open House this Thursday, September 15th at 6:45. This is a presentation for parents. I will be sharing all the necessary information you will need to help your child have a successful year in fourth grade. This week's topics in grade 4:
1. The Lemonade Crime....the sequel to The Lemonade War.
2. Reading Skills and Strategies: Sequencing, fairy tales, making predictions, and using synonyms to determine an unknown word. We have read, "The Dragon Problem", "The Princess and the Pea", "Rumpelstiltskin" and "The Princess and the Pizza."
3. Writing: "Dear Harry" Journal, Personal writing journal, and we will complete a baseline writing assignment. We also wrote letters to ourselves that will be stashed away in a safe place and then we will pull them out in June and marvel over our own personal writing progress!
4. Math: estimating, rounding, place value, addition strategies, Four 4s, Pascal's triangle, patterns, patterns, and more patters!
5. Social Studies: We are learning the 11 states in the Northeast region and their capitals. A quiz is looming in the future, date to be determined.